Doctor insights on:
Any Other Endometriosis Developed
Genetics: We are now learning that genes have a significant role in determining who gets endo, and how severe it is. Somewhere between 10-20% of women with endo have bowel involvement. Rectal and sigmoid locations are the most frequent sites for bowel endo, and it causes pain with bms all month long. You usually can't see endo on colonoscopy so many women arent diagnosed by GI docs to whom they're referred. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: It may be spread through blood or lymphatic flow. It may be the that surface lining of many organs can transform into endometriosis. There is likely an immune system mechanism as well. No theory has ever been proven. In fact some women who have never had a menstrual period before have endometriosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
At the most basic level, what medicines might be prescribed to prevent endometriosis from developing?
Two theories.: Endometriosis is most strongly linked to ovarian cancer. One theory for this association is that there are common risk factors for endometriosis and ovarian cancer to co-occur. The other is that endometrial cells that have spread from the uterus to the ovary can transform into cancer cells via gene mutation. However, it is generally thought that endometriosis is not a direct precursor to cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
(+) endometriosis, having a bad flare which includes leg pain (typical); however, recently developing leg weakness, could this be related?
Do people with severe endometriosis have a higher likelihood of developing cryofibrinogenemia due to years of taking estrogen/progestin supplements?
Treated w/ luprin for endometriosis on 10/29. Developed an ovarian cyst in nov. Started having pelvic pain a couple if days ago, could the cyst be causing the pain?
Yes: Lupron acts to temporarily shut down your own production of ovarian hormones and this causes endometriosis to shrink/regress. If given during the first half of the menstrual cycle it can cause a "flare" effect and cysts can form, the cyst could be the cause of the pain, and if it is severe you should see about getting a sonogram. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Without a laparoscopy are there any other ways to diagnose endometriosis
- Career women developing endometriosis any
- Why are some people more likely to develop blighted ovum than others?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a urinary tract infection affect any other organs?
- Is lumiday safe to take with any other medicine such as risperdone and celexa?
- Can valtrex be prescribed to treat any other virus besides herpes?
- Is there any significance to one hand being noticeably colder than the other?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free