Doctor insights on:
Any Foods Cause Or Prevent Vasculitis
A year ago I was told I needed needed more omega 3 + vit D could this have prevented HSP vasculitis. I read somewhere that these prevent autoimmune D.
Uncertain: omega 3 is considered anti-inflammatory and vitamin D3 an immune regulator. Thus they may be helpful for autoimmune diseases by decreasing the inflammation and bolstering the immune regulation. However there is still a gap between the purported actions vs actual results in modifying disease conditions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Vessel inflammation: Several causes had been linked to certain types of vasculitis but most of them we do not know the causes. There are what we call primary vasculitis ( meaning without underlying disease/process) and secondary vasculitis to for example other rheumatic diseases like lupus or rheumatoid vasculitis. Infections like hepatitis C and/or B are linked to others. Also drugs can cause vasculitis. ...Read more
Autoimmune Diseases: The list is extensive. Infectious causes include syphilis, toxoplasmosis, lyme disease. Drugs such as rifabutin. Systemic diseases such as behcet syndrome, systemic lupus ertythematosus, multiple sclerosis, polyarteritis, again the iist is long. Vasculitis affects the entire body. Please see an rheumatologist, a primary care provider and an ophthalmologist regularl. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a fever blister be caused by food allergies or allergies to something else?
- Can lack of any particular vitamin cause headache around eye or pressure?
- Are there any drugs or dietary habits that causes eye floaters?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does a yeast infection cause vaginal cancer or any other serious problems?
- Is scoliosis caused by not drinking enough milk or eating too much junk food?
- Can certain food or drinks cause your bladder to be irritated and burn when you urinate?
- Will eating spicy food cause gerd or make gerd worse
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free