Doctor insights on:
Any Difference Between Fluorosis And Demineralization
Fluorosis/deminerali: Fluorosis appears as brown or white stains on the teeth. It is caused by too much Fluoride when you still have your baby teeth and the permanent teeth are developing. Demineralization is a breakdown of the enamel, and also appears as white spots. It is usually caused when bacteria in the mouth interacts with sugar to form acid. If not treated early, it will develop into a cavity. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Will a take home whitening kid provided by the dentist be able to whiten aesthetic defects caused by fluorosis or demineralization?
Specificity: Fluorosis is a term given to abnormal tooth enamel formation as a result of excessive Fluoride consumption during tooth formation. Enamel hypoplasia is a more general term, and encompasses all types of inadequate enamel formation, including that caused by fluorosis. In other words, fluorosis is one form of enamel hypoplasia. Often, different types of hypoplasia are visually indistinguishable. ...Read more
Difference: Hypoplasia by definition means under developed so the enamel should be thin and fragile. Fluorosis can look similar but enamel should still be thick. Depending on severity it could still be very strong where as hypoplasia is not. Fluorosis may appear brown and white and chalky if it is quite severe as well. See a dentist if you are concerned. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Severe cases of fluorosis most likely need restorative work such as conservative resin restorations up to full coverage crowns. Mild cases can be treated with enamel microabrasion which basically removes the superficial affected enamel by mechanical means, lasers, or the use of acidic slurry. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there any difference between tendonitis and tendonitis?
- Is there any difference between a paraganglioma and a pheochromocytoma?
- Is there any difference between pediculosis and scabies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there any difference between a wheat allergy and celiac disease?
- Are there any major differences between phentermine and hoodia?
- Is there any difference between neurofibromatosis 1 and neurofibromatosis 2?
- Is there is any difference between leptospirosis and viral hepatitis?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free