Doctor insights on:
What other antihistamine has antiemetic properties equivalent or superior to phenergan (promethazine)?
Nausea treatment: Phenergan (promethazine) is a pretty good medication for symptomatic treatment of nausea. Meclizine seems to work better in motion sickness. If you are still symptomatic with those medications, you should be seen and evaluated by your physician to find out what causes it. Many serious health problems can cause nausea and vomitting. ...Read more
Older ones do: First generation antihistamines (benadryl, clor-pheramine, atarax) cross the blood brain barrier and cause lethargy. Second generation (allegra, claritin, zyrtec, xyzal, (levocetirizine) clarinex) cause the blood brain barrier at a much lesser amount and more targeted to the h1 receptor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Foods good for weight loss
- How long is viral pink eye contagious?
- How to do trapezius exercises?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I broke a leg how long it will take me to start walking again
- Alternative treatments for drug addiction
- Chin tenderness
- Talk to a dermatologist online