Doctor insights on:
Antidote For Lead Poisoning
Bind organic mercury: It has been written that the first aid for an ingestion of an organic form mercury is to give milk and egg whites to bind up as much of the organic mercury as possible. Presumably, the person would then try to vomit to get the milk - egg white - mercury mix out of his stomach. Not sure if anyone has proven this. ...Read more
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
Yes, work relTed lea: Occupational lead poisoning is the most common cause of lead poisoning in adults .the exposure to leads may come from handling lead batteries , lead based paint . Car radiators etc . Even people who live in very old houses which may still have lead based paint can cause lead poisoningd. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nerve activity: It causes a potent stimulus of your "parasympathetic" nevrous system, those nerves that cause constriction of the airways and secretion of sliva and mucus. It can lead to respiratory symptoms similar to asthma and severe bronchoconstriction, increased secretions, salivation and a rapid heart rate. ...Read more
Miniscule: Pouring liquid into a 38% lead glass, and drinking from it over the next several minutes to hours is not going to affect you at all. Exposure risk is increased if you place slightly acidic materials in lead decanters or bottles: acids result in leaching out the lead from the container. Again -- this is a slow process over months -- not days. ...Read more
Main problem would: Be brain damage. True alcohol poisoning is associated with unconsciousness and potentially slowing down of breathing, which can lead to lack of oxygen and brain damage. In addition, the high dose of alcohol can cause liver inflammation (hepatitis), pancreatitis, gastritis and other problems. If you drank to the point of poisoning, you have an alcohol problem, and should get professional help. ...Read more
Depends...: Dying of acute alcohol poisoning, as in the case of a youngster playing drinking games, is probably painless but is a terrible waste. Dying of the long-term effects of alcoholism involves either serious brain damage or the nausea, itching, and disfigurement of liver failure. Those who die of alcohol hurt others in the process and after. Thanks for choosing to use it wisely or not at all. ...Read more
Lead poisoning: Yes with proper treatment with a chelating agent like EDTA ...Read more
Depends: We are all exposed to this on occasion. The material that attaches to our blood from low level exposure will cause vague symptoms but no permanent damage & will eventually be eliminated. When it does reach the level that causes death to brain cells or heart muscle it can cause irreversible damage to both. If sustained, the gas replaces so much oxygen that the body dies of lack of oxygen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you tell me how are electorlyte imbalances risk factors for digoxin toxicity (digitalis toxicity)?
Dig tox: read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digoxin_toxicityGet a more detailed answer ›
Depends on type of: Tuna. Big Eye & AHI Tuna should be avoided due to high mercury level. Yellow fin & White Albacore Tuna intake should be limited (no more than 3 – 6 oz servings per month). Skipjack & canned chunk light tuna have a lower amount of mercury (no more than 6 6-oz servings per month). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can egg whites be used as an antidote of lead and mercury poisoning?
- Egg antidote lead mercury
- Antidote for mercury poisoning
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Antidote for food poisoning
- Lead poisoning
- Can lead poisoning be cured?
- Lead and mercury poisoning
- Talk to a pediatrician online