Doctor insights on:
Antidepressants That Dont Cause Weight Gain
Looking to get on an antidepressant. Out of the ssri family which one has been known to not cause weight gain?
All might: Especially in long (>6mths) term use all have been known to, but Wellbutrin, Effexor (venlafaxine) and Serzone are less so and Zoloft is a bit less than the most reported - Paxil is the worst by reports. CBT therapy has no side effects and can help you minimize or avoid drugs - consider it as an adjunct so you can avoid long term use. Best! ...Read more
Is amtripiline the antidepressant known to cause weight gain and does it help for sleep spelling is a little off sorry?
What antidepressant doesn't cause weight gain? The antidepressant i'm currently taking is making it hard to lose weight.
Tough question: Weight gain is a potential side effect of every antidepressant, although some are clearly worse offenders than others (mirtazapine, paroxetine are amongst the worst). Bupropion is probably the least likely to cause weight gain, and may cause some weight loss, however, antidepressants are not simply interchangeable. There are reasons we choose one over another. Talk to your doctor. ...Read more
Meds and weight gain: Hi Shirley, about 25% or so of patients taking an antidepressant will gain weight. Although not always effective, the same things that help control weight under other circumstances are also useful when on antidepressants....healthy diet and exercise. Increasing your daily exercise may not only stave off weight gain, but has also been proven to be of benefit in managing depression. More below.... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Mood stabilizers that don't cause weight gain
- Antidepressants that will not make you gain weight
- Could i have gained weight because of the antidepressant
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do antidepressants make you lose or gain weight?
- Brands of antidepressant pills that do not make people gain weight
- Can you gain weight if you dont eat enough calories?
- I need to gain weight but i dont want to get fat
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free