Doctor insights on:
Antibiotics Treating Cellulitis
What's the cause ?: Cellulitis is basically a visible inflammation (itis) of the skin and soft tissues (red, hot, swollen and tender) . It can be caused by many things including sunburn (radiation), trauma (sprained ankle) or poor vein circulation (stasis dermatitis). It need not be caused by bacteria. If you have repeated episodes of this, get to a wound care or vascular specialist, the diagnoses you have is wrong. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is Ceftin (cefuroxime) going to be effective for treating Cellulitis or any other antib which will work better!!!
See a dermatologist: Is it your leg? It is very common that other conditions are mistaken as cellulitis. Then the antibiotic is no help. Stasis dermatitis and erythromelalgia are 2 examples of conditions presenting as red- swollen skin but are not infections. Also there may be an underlying problem such as lymphedema which leads to cellulitis. Then it is useful to address the underlying condition to prevent another ce. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I'm on my 4th round of antibiotics in addition to a shot and two IV infusions. Should i be concerned that i still have cellulitis?
Have cellulitis packing just came out ,should I wash it daily or soak it ? how to tell when its ok to let close up? still on antibiotics
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are antibiotics effective in treating cellulitis?
- Treating cellulitis without antibiotics
- Treating cellulitis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is cortisone effective in treating cellulitis?
- Foot cellulitis antibiotics
- What antibiotics for cellulitis?
- Cellulitis treatment without antibiotics
- Talk to a dermatologist online