Doctor insights on:
Antibiotics For Blood Poisoning
My son stiches are infected we have antibiotics but he woke up with fever and the redness appears to be moving up hand is it blood poisoning?
Needs evaluation : take him now to a pediatric ER for evaluation. He may need IV antibiotics and certainly needs to be seen by a physician in person. ...Read more
Range: There is a whole range from 1/2 hour to weeks or even months (rarely). Fortunately, this is very rare. There is a list of rare diseases that require antibiotics before dental work. You want to discuss your diseases with your dentist or an internal medicine doc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Many people refer to sepsis as "blood poisoning". It means that bacteria and/or fungi have invaded the blood stream allowing them to travel to many internal organs like the heart or the brain. If untreated a person with this condition may go into septic shock. Antibiotic treatment is needed to treat this condition along with careful monitoring in the hospital. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many signs: If your child has sepsis (blood poisoning ) then she will be very sick, have high fevers, and look lethargic. Cultures of the blood will show bacterial growth. This is remarkably rare from abscessed teeth, unless the child as a severe immune deficiency. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Sepsis does happen from toe infection. If and when the infection gets into the joints of your toes, since they are highly vascular, you increase the chance of sepsis or infection spreading through your blood. So see you doctor or podiatrist as soon as possible for antibiotic treatment and evaluation. You may need IV antibiotics and hospitalization if the infection is severe. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the blood alcohol level for alcohol poisoning?
- Blood test for food poisoning
- How long will it take for an antibiotic to reduce pain of a tooth infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best antibiotic for spider bite
- How long does it take antibiotics to show improvement for staph?
- Over the counter antibiotics for ear infections in adults
- Light pink blood traces and brown discharge for days
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online