Doctor insights on:
Antibiotics And Ovulation
Does antibiotics increase ovulation if you are on birth control? Making it rly easy to get pregnant as soon as u start taking them?
No: There is only one anabiotic that has been shown to possibly decrease the effectiveness of birth control. And that antibiotic is rifampin. This is not a commonly prescribed antibiotic. There is no data linking common antibiotics with decreased birth-control efficacy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Am I pregnant? I had sex 9/2 condom slipped&took an eoc that day.. Was on antibiotics&loestrin24, "ovulating" now 9/10. What are the chances of preg?
Check a test: Emergency contraception is used to reduce the risk of an unplanned pregnancy but it certainly does not guarantee. That being said you were also taking regular birth control of the time. That makes pregnancy unlikely but possible. Check a test to find out. Of note you should not be ovulating if you are taking birth control pills. They work by preventing ovulation. ...Read more
Do antibiotics delay ovulation and periods?Trying to conceive and I have ear infection.Want to avoid antibiotics if i can but ears are very sore
Yes: This is quite common.Get a more detailed answer ›
Last antibiotic on bcp day 1think i ovulated 2 days later. No sex rubbed vag on his penis w/ his undies on. Worried about precum..Couid i b preggo?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Antibiotics and trying to conceive
- Sever cramps during ovulation and after unprotected sex
- Sore nipples and creamy discharge days after ovulation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ovulation test positive in the morning and negative at night
- Cramps and nausea after ovulation
- Whats the difference between fertile days and ovulation
- Can an antiviral and antibiotic together be taken together?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free