Doctor insights on:
Latin word for cow, vacca, because of the smallpox/cowpox work of edward jenner, vaccination is the administration of a substance, live organism or otherwise, that stimulates the immune response to prevent a specific disease. Primarily a preventative procedure, some vaccines can ...Read more
Military & lab work: People at risk for contracting anthrax should be immunized against it. Currently certain military personnel, people who work with anthrax in labs, people who work with imported animal hides or furs from areas of high levels of anthrax, and veterinarians working in areas (outside of usa) with high levels of anthrax. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes but use limited: There is a vaccine against anthrax that is limited in its use to parts of the military and a few additional civilians. There is little general risk outside of bioterrorism and availability of antibiotics for those potentially exposed limit its use on any broad scale. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Anthrax: Animals can get anthrax by ingesting anthrax spores from the soil. Anthrax in animals occurs worldwide but can be controlled by vaccination of animals. In recent years, anthrax has been reported among animals in many countries, and is especially common in parts of africa, asia, and the middle east. It occurs much less frequently in the United States, because animal health and inspection programs. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Anthrax vaccination schedule
- Vaccination anthrax
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do i need to be off humira both before and after a shingles vaccination?
- 2 month old baby vaccinations side effects
- What are the hepatitis b vaccination and its advantages and disadvantages?
- What does the smallpox vaccination scar look like?
- Talk to a dermatologist online