Doctor insights on:
Antacid Common Cold Or Symptom Agent
Common cold: The best way to treat the symptoms of a common cold is to drink plenty of clear fluids, use nasal saline drops often, and get lots of rest. Most viruses will run their course; however, there are numerous over the counter products to reduce symptoms if the symptoms are preventing you from being comfortable enough to sleep. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sx's: Common cold symptoms include: Cough, congestion, watery eyes, sneezing, sore throat, mild headache, low grade fever & mild body aches. According to Mayo Clinic Flu sxs may include “Fever over 100F (38C), Aching muscles, especially in your back, arms and legs, Chills & sweats, Headache, Dry Cough, Fatigue and weakness, Nasal Congestion.” ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Runny nose, sneezing: The common cold viruses cause upper respiratory tract infections typically that can present with runny nose, sneezing, occasionally with fever, nasal congestion, and cough. Symptoms usually last 7 to 10 days but can last as long as 14 days. Extra rest, fluids, and symptomtaic treatment are usually all that is required. Antibiotics will not help colds. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rest and hydration: While not very satisfying, the old fashion advice of drink a lot of fluids and get enough rest is probably the best we have. Dietary supplements have been studied and the data is conflicting. Zinc supplementation may help as may vitamin c - however, neither has enough data for me to fully endorse them as helpful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Common cold or symptom agent
- Can shaky hands be a symptom of a common sickness like the flu or colds?
- Rheumatoid arthritis with common cold or flu
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is a common cold a symptom of pregnancy?
- Symptom pain inside behind nose when coughing or cold air
- Common cold or flu symptoms
- Is morning crusting a symptom of common cold?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free