Doctor insights on:
Ankle Fracture (Definition)
Ankle fracture describe a break or fracture of any of the bones of the ankle. This can be caused by falls, trauma, or twisting of the ankle. Patients with ankle fractures experience pain and swelling of the foot, and have difficulty bearing any weight on the affected leg.
I hav a bimalleolar ankle fracture on just twisting my ankle is it accidental or pathological? which test could b done to investigate?
Depends: Most bimalleolar ankle fractures due occur as a result of a twisting mechanism. It is precerts rare that they are pathological. The X-rays go a long way in determining if it was a break through normal or abnormal bone. If there is any question, then a biopsy while you are having surgery can be the definitive answer. ...Read more
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Swelling after an ankle fracture
- Can you make a full recovery from trimalleolar ankle fracture with dislocation?
- Trimalleolar ankle fracture recovery
- How long after you fracture your ankle should you start walking on it again?
- Ankle chip fracture treatment
- Symptoms of a hairline fracture in ankle
- Bimalleolar ankle fracture recovery time
- Avulsion fracture ankle healing time
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free