Doctor insights on:
Someone fell on the outside of my ankle and i heard a pop. Not that long after it was hard to rotate my ankle and it hurt on the outside. What is it?
Many causes: They range from stretched out or torn ankle ligaments (usually laterally) to nerve problems causing weakness of the muscle that prevent your ankle from twisting the tendon ruptures/problems. In addition bone structure problems such as tarsal coalitions or varus deformities of the hind foot. Sometimes just unrehabilitated muscle strength with loss of proprioception. Get evaluated to sort it out. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Need more info: A knot on the front of the ankle can be a description for various things including a contusion, a vein engorgement, a soft tissue growth or even a fracture. Need a bit more history and description. If in doubt about something, it doesn't hurt to go to a foot/ankle specialist and have it examined. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i have 2 ankle bones?
- Recurring swollen ankles
- Ankle rolls outward
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Around how long should swelling from a sprained ankle last
- When do you prescribe a cast vs a walking boot after foot and ankle injury
- Causes of itchy swollen ankle
- Ankle sprain
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free