Doctor insights on:
Angiodysplasia Of The Colon
Have had blood in stool off and on for almost a year.Just had colon checked,he found nothing. What are the possibilities?
Blood in Stool: i assume you had a colonoscopy, which was negative. If it was a complete examination, you are unlikely to have cancer, but conditions such as diverticulosis, angiodysplasia, or even a collapsed hemorrhoid, can be hard to detect. If it was bright red blood, it is likely colonic in origin. Black stools usually indicate a small intestinal or stomach origin. If you are still symptomatic, follow up. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
You can ask it on: Healthap. Please submit a clear & specific question about colons. Clarify and re-ask. ...Read more
Your body: The concept 'cleanse' or 'detox' uses the idea that your body is full of toxins when in fact your organs are responsible for eliminating extraneous substances. Your body cleanses itself, in a sense. A product claiming to do what your organs already do may do nothing or it may in fact be harmful. ...Read more
Crazy: Dr nguyen and heller are quite correct. The state of texas prosecuted practitioners of colonic cleansing because the procedure was ineffective and dangerous. This is outlawed in texas now. Patients were killed by perforation of the colon by inexperienced practitioners. This is a practice without scientific basis, in a word - quackery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Angiodysplasia of the colon symptoms
- What does thickening of the colon wall mean?
- Is itching around the anus a sign of colon cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does thickening of the colon mean cancer?
- Thickening of the transverse colon
- Thickening of the sigmoid colon
- Thickening of the sigmoid colon wall
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free