Doctor insights on:
Anaemia And Breathlessness
Could be: Pallor is one of the sign of anemia. Shortness of breath on exertion presents when your body does not get enough/adequate oxygenation- either from anemia/decreased level of hb ( not enough hb to carries o2 to the lung and other vital organs), or other causes- such as problems with the lungs/heart. You should see your md to have a complete evaluation to find the cause and further treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See doctor : If your shortness of breath is truly from anemia then that means your blood level is pretty low, and you should be evaluated by a doctor and you might need a blood transfusion. Shortness of breath could be due to other reasons even if u have anemia. Anxiety, fast heart rate (from caffeine ) etc. ...Read more
I have known anemia/gerd/scarring in my lung & recent lar of rectal ca (ned now). New onset of shortness of breath. Do i need to see my dr? Which one?
Start with surgeon: Many things can cause shortness of breath, including some of the things you listed. However new onset of shortness of breath after recent lar always raises the possibility of pulmonary emboli (unlikely but needs to be considered). Start with your surgeon who will start with a chest xray and if significant concerns will get a ct scan. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bloated stomach and breathlessness
- Burping and breathlessness
- Feeling tired and breathless
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why would you feel breathless and have heart palpitations?
- Breathlessness and sweating
- Hyperthyroidism and breathlessness
- Blood tests for anaemia spina bifida and blood groupings
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free