Doctor insights on:
An Undersupply Of Serotonin Is Most Closely Linked To
Is there any link between low serotonin levels and eye pain/flashes of light? Dry eyes. Ever since I've got off anx meds at same time developed this.
Are mild auditory hallucinations linked to withdrawal from mood disorder medications, serotonin reuptake inhibitors in particular?
Only in Effexor: Other more serious symptoms have also been reported with venlafaxine discontinuation and include auditory and visual hallucinations, illusions, prolonged delusions , tinnitus as well as other isolated but significant symptoms such as palinopsia, persistent and recurrent visual images. Not reported in cymbalta.J can acad child adolesc psychiatry. 2011 february; 20(1): 60–67. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could depression and anxiety which are linked to low serotonin levels be related to low adrenaline levels?
Possibly: Sanfran: some of the anti-depressants target norepinephrine. These include meds like Cymbalta and effexor. So yes, it could be possible. That said, the serotonin/dopamine/norepinephrine theory of depression is just one part of understanding depression. I hope that helps! -- dr. Z (the healthy mind). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Increases it: It has been proven that 8 weeks of exercise is as effective as 8 weeks of antidepressants on reducing symptoms of depression. It is presumed that exercise does this by raising the amount of available serotonin in our brain. Precisely how it does it is still being worked out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Complex: It is a neurotransmitter, mostly in the brain and the gi system. It is released when that neuron electrically achieves an action potential, based on its interactions with other neurons. Those interactions are complex. What is more complex is the many different kinds of receptors, which do many different things. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the most effective way to get rid of a nail biting habit for an adult?
- What is the fastest way to reduce a swelling of the eye from an injury?
- What is only type of insulin that may be added to an i v solution?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of bacterial vaginosis is there an otc method?
- Is there any way to tell if someone died of a heart attack without an autopsy?
- Most hearing loss is a result of damage to the
- How bad is it to have an a1c of 17?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free