Doctor insights on:
An Undersupply Of Serotonin Is Most Closely Linked To
Get help now ›
Could depression and anxiety which are linked to low serotonin levels be related to low adrenaline levels?
Not really: There are many things which cause varying levels of hormones and what are called- neurotransmitters. There is really no way to measure neurotransmitter levels directly, plus, different parts of the brain and body have different levels. Adrenalin levels constantly change. One can measure levels of certain metabolites or byproducts in urine, but i wonder why you asked the question as you did? ...Read moreGet help now ›
Are mild auditory hallucinations linked to withdrawal from mood disorder medications, serotonin reuptake inhibitors in particular?
Only in Effexor: Other more serious symptoms have also been reported with venlafaxine discontinuation and include auditory and visual hallucinations, illusions, prolonged delusions , tinnitus as well as other isolated but significant symptoms such as palinopsia, persistent and recurrent visual images. Not reported in cymbalta.J can acad child adolesc psychiatry. 2011 february; 20(1): 60–67. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Increases it: It has been proven that 8 weeks of exercise is as effective as 8 weeks of antidepressants on reducing symptoms of depression. It is presumed that exercise does this by raising the amount of available serotonin in our brain. Precisely how it does it is still being worked out. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Get help now ›
By chance.: In the early 1940's and 1950's , scientists discovered the role of neurotransmitters such as Norepinephrine for vasoconstriction, Dopamine for Parkinson's Disease and Serotonin for depression but it was not until 1988 when they discovered that selective Serotonin reuptake inhibitors like Prozac became known to the world. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Not cause, but feel: Insufficient performance of serotonin can cause pain to be felt as more severe and less easy to relieve. It's not a 'cause' but things that might not hurt if your levels were adequate - will perhaps. Also your reaction to the pain might be more intense and out of control. Have a psych eval, Dx and Tx. ...Read moreGet help now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the most effective way to get rid of a nail biting habit for an adult?
- What is the fastest way to reduce a swelling of the eye from an injury?
- What is only type of insulin that may be added to an i v solution?
- Is it normal for a 20 year old woman to sleep an average of 10 hours a day?
- How to get rid of bacterial vaginosis is there an otc method?
- Is there any way to tell if someone died of a heart attack without an autopsy?
- Most hearing loss is a result of damage to the
- How bad is it to have an a1c of 17?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free