Doctor insights on:
Is there an amoxicillin substitute? I think I have a sinus infections, have had runny/blocked nose for about 2 months. It's winter where I live.
Sinusitis: acute sinusitis does not have to be treated with antibiotics. Using saline washes can be an effective treatment. Studies have shown the nasal steroid sprays are as effective as antibiotics as well. Most sinus infections are viral and antibiotics do nothing for viral infections (this may be likely as it is winter for you). Other drug classes such a macrolides are effective as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What can I substitute amoxicillin with if I'm allergic to penicillin? It will be used to treat swollen gum
Is there a over the counter substitute for amoxicillin and a good pain pill for a broken tooth next to my wisdom tooth?
See a dentist: In the USA, you need a prescription to get amoxicillin or any antibiotic. You need to see a MD or a dentist (physician of the mouth) to get a prescription. Same with an effective pain pill, so go right to the doctor who can help you the most...a dentist! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is there an over-the-counter substitute for amoxicillin? It will be used to treat a throat infection.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Amoxicillin substitute over-the-counter
- Over the counter amoxicillin substitute
- Natural substitute for amoxicillin
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can amoxicillin cure cough?
- Amoxicillin 400mg/5ml dosage for 2 year old
- How long til amoxicillin starts to work on tooth infection?
- Will amoxicillin treat pink eye
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online