Doctor insights on:
It can if sensitive: It can if the bacteria is still sensitive to Amoxicillin.There has been lot of resistance to Amoxicillin for last several years and is not recommended as first line antibiotics. Cipro and Levaquin (levofloxacin) and Ceftrioxone are first line antibiotics recommended till culture and sensitivity report is available ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Bv is a synergistic infection involving gardnerella and a number of other bacteria. It is treated with Metronidazole oral or intravaginal treatment. Tinidazole and Clindamycin are alternatives. Oral and intravaginal probiotics containing lactobacilli can help. Recurrent disease is related to colonization of your sex partner, inconsistant condom use. Amoxicillin is not a rx for bv. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will amoxicillin cure chlamydia
- Can amoxicillin cure chlamydia?
- Amoxicillin std cures
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Amoxicillin cures std
- Will amoxicillin cure a uti
- Amoxicillin cures chlamydia
- Can amoxicillin cure cough?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online