Doctor insights on:
Amoxicillin Bacterial Vaginosis
I am busy with my work and family and don't have time for bacterial vaginosis. How can I treat it fast?
Infection in vagina: Bv refers to bacterial infection in the vagina: gardnerella vaginalis, mobiluncus, bacteroides, and mycoplasma are the usual organism involved. Risk factors for developing BV are douching and multiple sexual partners. It is easily diagnosed and treated by your physician. Please consult your doc, as there maybe std involved. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I've had bacterial vaginosis for almost a year now. Are there any home remedies you could recommend that may be successful for me?
No: Really do recommend that this be accurately diagnosed - you need to make sure that what is being referred to as bacterial vaginosis is not a sexually transmitted disease. Your physician be able to provide appropriate tx. ...Read more
No, unless chronic.: Bacterial vaginosis is not a sexually transmitted infection. That means if you have bacterial vaginosis, you will not pass it to your sexual partner. However, recurrent bacterial vaginosis infections may require that you be cultured for chlamydia and if positive your boyfirend may also need treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chlamydia: No. Drs diagnose chlamydia from laboratory tests not by visual inspection alone. I will assume that for a dr. To be that specific they may have had a lab test and if positive for chlamydia then it is chlamydia. False negative tests are usually not common and even if you think so it is better to be treated than not. Chlamydia can occur in conjunction with other organisms i.E bacterial vaginosis etc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can bacterial vaginosis go away without antibiotics?
- When being treated for bacterial vaginosis can you still have intercourse
- Bacterial vaginosis brown discharge
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bacterial vaginosis (bacterial infection of the vagina)
- Ovarian cyst an bacterial vaginosis linked
- Does herpes simplex 2 cause an increase of bacterial vaginosis?
- How long does vaginal odor associated with bacterial vaginosis last?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free