Doctor insights on:
Allergies occur when your immune system is triggered by envirionmental factors it should ignore--for example, pollen in the air, or dander on a cat or dog--and creates cells to fight against them. An allergic reaction typically causes itching, congestion, or drainage, and ...Read more
Skin peeling due amoxicillin allergy. How do I treat this??? It's all over my body including my penis.
Itchy hives from amoxicillin allergy - do I need to do anything or just take claritin (loratadine)?
Depends on severity: Claritin (loratadine) or zyrtec will help with the itching; a more severe rash may require treatment with prednisone. In most cases, the rash simply goes away within a few days of stopping the antibiotic. Treatment for the rash simply depends on how badly it bothers you. At any rate, you need to stop the antibiotic and notify your doctor if you get a rash while taking it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tell your doctor: Drug reactions such as hives may represent an allergic reaction to a medication, or sometimes a cross reaction to a virus. In any case, you should discuss this with your health care provider to add this medication to your list of potential allergies. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Substitute for amoxicillin allergy
- Amoxicillin allergy hives
- Amoxicillin allergy symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Allergy to amoxicillin rash picture
- Allergy to amoxicillin rash
- Allergy to penicillin vs amoxicillin
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free