Doctor insights on:
Amitiza Lubiprostone Interaction
Doc prescribed Carafate for my gastritis. I'm taking propranolol, synthroid, omeprazole, amitiza, fish oil, multi vitamin daily. Any interactions?
possibly: Amitiza has active ingredients of Lubiprostone commonly reported side effects of Amitiza include breathing difficulty, nausea, chest pain, pain, constipation. Tachycardia tachycardia has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, schizophrenia, pain, and osteoporosis who use this drug. Advise your physician of any adverse reactions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When is the onset of action and peak action of the drug, amitiza? For once daily dosing, what time of day should it be taken?
A couple of hours: Amitiza can help one have a bowel movement in a couple of hours. It can be taken at anytime, but probably works better if taken with a meal that includes water or beverages. That means one should not take Amitiza without knowing where the nearest bathroom is (for 1-4 hours after taking the medicine). ...Read more
Gastroparesis: Have you already been diagnosed with gastroparesis? Documentation of delayed emptying of gastric contents is required before treatment. All patients with symptoms of gastroparesis which include nausea, vomiting, early satiety &fullness/bloating need to be screened for diabetes mellitus,hypothyroidism, neurological disease, autoimmune disease, past surgery. Please see your MD for a full exam. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Amitiza lubiprostone side effects
- What is the interaction of alcohol and fluconazole?
- Loratadine diphenhydramine interaction
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lorazepam and melatonin interaction
- Zoloft benadryl interaction
- Seroquel ambien interaction
- Methylprednisolone alcohol interaction
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free