Doctor insights on:
Amino Acid Composition Of Casein
Are whey and casein protein powder shakes safe long term? Any alternatives that also contain all essential amino acids? Thanks!
No: Well balanced diet is what you want and need. Amino acids may be deleterious to your health especially with constant use or lage amounts. The literature is not well defined on this but there were cases that suffered from serious side effects relating to Amino Acid supplements. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Legume and grain: A legume and a grain felafel (chickpea) and wheat ( pita bread) succatash- lima bean and corn most beans combined with a grain. ...Read more
Diet & exercise: 100 grams of protein daily is the basal required. Amino acids are proteins & v.v.. You don't need more protein except for extremely stressful exercises and then you only need an ounce or so more. Your stomach is built to break down proteins into amino acids. Save your money and eat a Big Mac. It will be just as beneficial and taste better & you can take it before,during or after workout. ...Read more
Protein building: Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. However, don't assume that just taking Amino Acids leads to protein synthesis too many other factors are important...Generally, a balanced diet can give you all of the protein that you need see your doctor and perhaps a dietician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- List of amino acids and their functions
- All of the following contain amino acids except
- What kind of foods are poor sources of essential amino acids?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Describe the biological functions of amino acids
- Name given to a chain of amino acids
- Do fatty acids in foods influence the composition of fats in the body?
- Side effects of amino acids
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free