Doctor insights on:
Ambroxol is a…: Mucolytic agent, i.e., it makes mucus & sputum thinner & less viscous (sticky) & therefore more easily removed by coughing; so it is beneficial in diseases associated with increased mucus production (acute/chronic bronchitis, copd). It also appears to have anti-inflammatory properties. None of the articles i reviewed noted that this drug is not available in the us. Ask your fp/pharmacist. ...Read more
My cough is almost 2 weeks until now, i'm taking ambroxol and antibacterial, why the cough is there?
Ambroxol: The only side effect i could find for ambroxol hydrochloride is just some mild gastrointestinal distress. ...Read more
See Your Doctor Now: 4 yr old taking antitusive "safe to give ambroxol"? Cough has many causes, at her age infection is most likely. Giving suppressants without knowing the cause can allow an undiagnosed infection to develop complications like pneumonia. Ambroxol reportedly controls mucous production which also occurs in infection. Do NOT give Ambroxol. See your child's doctor now for correct diagnosis and treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the interaction of alcohol and fluconazole?
- Loratadine diphenhydramine interaction
- Interaction between zyrtec and cough medicine
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Zoloft benadryl interaction
- Seroquel ambien interaction
- Ambroxol hydrochloride syrup
- Methylprednisolone alcohol interaction
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free