Doctor insights on:
Ambien Habit Forming
Zolpidem (ambien): Ambien is extremely habit forming SE include Dizziness, Headache, Drowsiness, Hallucinations, Memory disorder, Muscle pains, Flu like symptoms. Can have full blown Allergic Rxn. Extremely dangerous if taken with Pain meds, Valium, Soma, alcohol, Antidepressants. Can all cause you to stop breathing especially during sleep, and you snore, you are over weight, you have asthma/COPD Try MELATONIN SL ...Read more
Category IV: Ambien, the brand name for zolpidem, is a category IV controlled substance per the controlled substances act determined by the dea and fda. That means that zolpidem, like other benzodiazepines and their "relatives" have a potential for abuse/dependence. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Insomnia: Ambien (zolpidem) treats insomnia, but not curatively. It is a symptom management tool only, to be used on a temporary basis. If your insomnia is long-standing, it's best to have a full evaluation. While it may well help you sleep, Ambien (zolpidem) can also be habit-forming. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is vistaril habit forming?
- Is xanax habit forming?
- Non habit forming laxatives
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is fluoxetine habit forming?
- Is metamucil habit forming?
- Is milk of magnesia habit forming?
- Is trazodone habit forming?
- Talk to a neurologist online