Doctor insights on:
Ambien Controlled Substance
Duration of action: Regular Ambien (zolpidem) is released into the bloodstream as soon as it is digested. Ambien-cr (which is only available brand-name and is more expensive) is released gradually into the bloodstream, so its effects last longer (more hours). Otherwise they are chemically the same. ...Read more
I have CHF well controlled with an EF of 50' exercise daily, no trouble with any activity. My Dr. Prescribed Ambien (zolpidem) for sleep aid, is it safe for me?
Why won't anyone write me a prescription for ambien (zolpidem)? I have no contraindications, including no history of substance abuse. Will you write me one?
Insomnia: Ambien (zolpidem) treats insomnia, but not curatively. It is a symptom management tool only, to be used on a temporary basis. If your insomnia is long-standing, it's best to have a full evaluation. While it may well help you sleep, Ambien (zolpidem) can also be habit-forming. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Prescribing controlled substances
- Dea controlled substance schedule
- Controlled substance prescription requirements
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Controlled substance prescription
- Suboxone controlled substance
- Is strattera a controlled substance?
- Cyclobenzaprine controlled substance
- Talk to a neurologist online