Doctor insights on:
Amaryl Second Generation Sulfonylurea
What is the best alternative medication to sulfonylurea for type 2 diabetics to prevent weight gain in combination with metformin?
Why?: There might be more details in the question that i'm missing but don't stop any meds without talking to your prescribing physician first. ...Read more
I am having DM taking glimepiride 1mg once daily.how to confirm whether I am type1 DM or type2 DM?
Lowers blood sugar: Amaryl (glimepiride) stimulates the pancreas to release insulin, which will cause the blood sugar to fall. This release of Insulin occurs without relation to whether one has eaten, so if one goes a long period without eating, the blood sugar can become abnormally low. ...Read more
Glimepiride/heartbur: It could be you can only know if you stop the med and heartburn goes away.But heartburn is a common symptom among all, especiallu diabetics.Wmen have 7 times more chance of having heartburn while on this med than men.87.5men versus12.5 men in a study published may 29, 2012 in a post marketing study among patients taking this drug. ...Read more
Is it possible that my dermatographism may have been trigger by an allergic reaction to amaryl (glimepiride)?
Sir I am having diabetic for the past 7 years I am using amaryl (glimepiride) forte 2mg but sugar is 225 for the past 3 years what to do?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Diabeta second generation sulfonylurea
- Glynase prestab second generation sulfonylurea
- Orinase first generation sulfonylurea
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Mandol second generation cephalosporin
- Ceclor second generation cephalosporin
- Mefoxin second generation cephalosporin
- Cefaclor second generation cephalosporin
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free