Doctor insights on:
Am I Too Young To Get Carotid Bruits I Am 18 Years Old
Bruit refers to a sound, heard via a stethoscope, of blood when it flows through a narrowed opening. As blood flows through a narrow diameter within a vessel, the velocity of flow increases and also becomes more turbulent. The importance of this sound is that, if your doctor hears it, it can signify underlying atherosclerosis--i.e. Build-up ...Read more
Yes: A carotid bruit is due to turbulent flow from a blockage in the carotid artery. The natural course of carotid disease / atherosclerosis is progression over time. This is especially true if people still smoke. When the blockage in a carotid artery becomes near occlusive, the flow rate drops and the bruit typically goes away. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Trick question, but here are my thoughts. A carotid bruit is due to a partial obstruction in the carotid artery. A "sub-clinical" lesion may only give rise to a bruit during periods of intense exercise, when cardiac output is high. In the resting state, a bruit may not exist. At any rate, a carotid bruit in any circumstance should be evaluated. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Hello! my younger sister, she's abut 18 years old. Now she's get a problem bout her perious bleeding for a month and now it's not stop. Please help me?
See a doctor: Take her to a doctor to be evaluated. This is not something you can fix at home. ...Read more
Start with aerobics: The best place to start is doing something aerobic like walking, biking or swimming. Try to build up so that you are doing some aerobic exercise 30 minutes to one hour daily. If you want to start weight training it is best to see a personal trainer at a gym for instructions so that you do not hurt yourself. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I seem to be getting hot flashes but i am only 30 years old
- I am 38 years old and trying to get pregnant
- Am i too old to get pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Am i too chubby to get my belly button pierced will it tear out if i lose a lot?
- How do i get of rid of age spots i am 50 years old?
- Am i too skinny to get pregnant?
- Is there a way to fix a lazy eye naturally if i am 17 years old?
- Talk to a pediatrician online