Doctor insights on:
Am I At Increased Risk Of Developing Cervical Cancer If I Have Genital Warts
The major organs of the reproductive system includes, the external genitalia (penis and vulva) as well as a number of internal organs including the gamete producing gonads (testicles and ovaries). Diseases of the human reproductive system are very common and widespread, particularly ...Read more
If I have the job virus that had caused cervical cancer, not warts, can my husband still be at risk for genital warts?
Yes: Assuming "job" is a mispelling for "same" or "hpv". The virus that causes genital warts does overlap with the virus that causes cervical cancer. There are different strains of the same virus and the strains most likely to cause cervical cancer tend not to produce as many warts and the strains that cause visible warts in men are a bit less likely to cause cervical cancer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: I wouldn't use the word prone, but i would say all women are at risk because essentially everyone will be exposed to the hpv virus that can go on to cause cervical cancer. There are many types of hpv viruses. The ones that cause genital warts (type 6 and 11) do not cause cervical cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
HPV: Hpv types 6 and 11 cause about 90% of genital warts in both men and women. Hpv types 16 and 18 cause about 75% of cervical cancer cases in women. Hpv types 16 and 18 also cause about 70% of vaginal cancer cases and up to 50% of vulvar cancer cases in women. All hpv types that affect the genital area can cause abnormal pap tests in females. . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What are the home remedies for genital warts? Is it true that genital warts is sign of cervical cancer?
Yes: Based upon research, there upwards of a 60% chance that women with genital warts will have an abnormal pap smear. Some pap smear abnormalities indicate that a woman has cervical dysplasia which is a precursor to cervical cancer. Warts are caused by 2 types of human papillomavirus, & several other types of hpv cause cervical dysplasia & cancer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If i have genital warts will i get cervical cancer
- If had dcis am i at risk for ovarian cancer
- Am i at high risk if breast cancer is on my fathers side?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why am i having pain on the top of my foot if have a talus fracture?
- What kind of doc do i need to see if i think i have hpv warts on tongue?
- Is it curable if i have a stage two cervical cancer?
- Is my child at risk if i am positive for rubella igg and igm tests are positive?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free