Doctor insights on:
Am I Allowed To Eat Anything Before My Colonoscopy
Only the duct system: Scopes are inside the intestines. The pancreas is external to the intestines. The opening of the duct leading from the pancreas into the intestines is visible. The endoscopist can enter that duct and inject a dye that will light up the ducts within the pancreas. This procedure can identify problems within the pancreatic duct system. ...Read more
Been given conflicting information about breast feeding after a colonoacopy. Is there a sedative that would allow me to or do I need to wait 24 hr?
No: It is probably too late by now! ...Read more
No: No, when they tell you nothing by mouth for your procedure, they mean nothing. If you expect to get sedation for your procedure then your stomach needs to be as empty as possible. Otherwise there is a risk of vomiting and aspirating which can be serious, even fatal. So NO! no Laffy Taffy or anything else. Weren't you given explicit pre procedure instructions? ...Read more
Follow the instructi: Your doctor's office should give you instructions to follow in order to have a good prep. Otherwise your test will be cancelled as the preparation is rigorous and lasts 2-3 days of no solids and using laxatives to clean up your intestines completely. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can my false teeth allow me to eat anything i want?
- Can you eat anything the day before a colonoscopy?
- What can i eat before my colonoscopy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Foods allowed before colonoscopy
- Is yogurt allowed before colonoscopy?
- What foods can i eat the day before my colonoscopy?
- What can i eat the day before my colonoscopy?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free