Doctor insights on:
Am I Allowed To Eat Anything Before My Colonoscopy
Only the duct system: Scopes are inside the intestines. The pancreas is external to the intestines. The opening of the duct leading from the pancreas into the intestines is visible. The endoscopist can enter that duct and inject a dye that will light up the ducts within the pancreas. This procedure can identify problems within the pancreatic duct system. ...Read more
Been given conflicting information about breast feeding after a colonoacopy. Is there a sedative that would allow me to or do I need to wait 24 hr?
Do I really need to not eat anything at all before my colonoscopy, or are a few bites of jell-o okay?
No: It is probably too late by now! ...Read more
Liquids: No solid or soft foods ar allowed on the day of the prep. Any liquid that you can see through (clear liquids) is allowed--tea, black coffee, water, juces without pulp, broths, popsicles, hard candy (ie, jolly ranchers). Avoid any red colored fluids as they may give the tissue a bloody appearance and can be confusing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Anything, generally: Depending on your doctor's preparation, you can often eat a regular diet until the day before your colonoscopy. A light breakfast the day before, and clear liquids all day before your procedure is generally adequate. Remember though, anything you put in your face before your scope, will have to come out with the prep! ...Read more
Follow the instructi: Your doctor's office should give you instructions to follow in order to have a good prep. Otherwise your test will be cancelled as the preparation is rigorous and lasts 2-3 days of no solids and using laxatives to clean up your intestines completely. ...Read more
No: No, when they tell you nothing by mouth for your procedure, they mean nothing. If you expect to get sedation for your procedure then your stomach needs to be as empty as possible. Otherwise there is a risk of vomiting and aspirating which can be serious, even fatal. So NO! no Laffy Taffy or anything else. Weren't you given explicit pre procedure instructions? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can my false teeth allow me to eat anything i want?
- Anything i can do to stop my stomach from growling at work without having to eat
- If i am allergic to iodine how will they clean my skin before surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if my cervix starts to open before i am full term?
- Why am i not allowed to smoke a day before lasik surgery?
- What can i eat before my colonoscopy?
- What am i suppose to eat after the removal of my gallbladder?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free