Doctor insights on:
Alternative Treatments For Streptococcus Pyogenes
Is a group of bacteria that grown in long chains of cocci (round cells). They are classified in part by whether they hemolyze sheep red blood cells completely, partial or not at all. The beta (complete) hemolysis ones are further classified by their capsules and the prototype is group a streptococci, that cause strep throat and rheumatic fever. The Alpha (partial) ...Read more
Human pathogen. : Streptococcus pyogenes is a very important human pathogenic bacteria. It is the cause of "strep throat" and it's sequella rheumatic fever and glomerulnephritis. It also causes streptococcal necrotizing fasciitis "flesh eating bug" infections and streptococcal toxic shock syndrome. It also causes infections at many other anatomical sites. ...Read more
Strep complications: Streptococcus pyogenes, the bacterial cause of "strep throat", can invade other organ systems and cause infection in in areas around the tonsils, lymph glands in the neck, middle ear, mastoid regions, sinuses, bones, lungs (pneumonia), kidneys and liver (toxic shock syndrome). The noninfectious complications include rheumatic fever, rheumatic heart disease and acute glomerulonephritis (kidneys). ...Read more
I just received a throat swab result of streptococcus ovis. What is this from? And what are the treatments.
What is the genus species name for streptococcus? What body system does it affect the most/ is there a treatment or cure?
After treatment for streptococcus pneumoniae infection, im wondering do i need to disinfect my home now?
Clean : Doesn't hurt to clean counter tops, tables and door nobs and aeresol the air of the living areas. Same thing a medical assistant does to an exam room inbetween patients. More importantly family and guests should wash hands before eating. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments for streptococcus pneumoniae
- Alternative treatments for ibuprofen allergy
- Alternative treatments for umbilical hernia
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Alternative treatments for gallbladder polyp
- Alternative treatments for trichophyton rubrum
- Alternative treatments for scintillating scotoma
- Alternative treatments for central serous retinopathy
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online