Doctor insights on:
Alternative Treatments For Meningitis Brain Infection
What would be your best prescription for tuberculosis meningitis. Friend is already on treatment, need second opinion only. She's on TB meds only.
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Will ESR (Sed rate) and CBC show abnormalities with meningitis or other infection causing brain or heart inflammation?
Not reliable: If you're having symptoms of meningitis or heart disease (palpitations, chest pain, shortness of breath), the sed rate is utterly worthless as a way of ruling out disease and even a normal CBC proves nothing. I'm a lab physician and want to reassure you -- the key question is not "What's my ESR?" but "How do I FEEL?" ...Read more
Have a double ear infection. Dr prescribed ceftin for treatment start today. Will i get meningitis from this ear infection if i hadn't have treated it?
No less serious: There are some other infections or forms of infections that can show similar signs and symptoms as meningitis, but i would not describe any of them as less serious, in fact they are more serious. Some of them are encephalitis, leptospirosis, subdural empyema (collection of pus between the brainsurface and the inner lining of the skull) and brain abscess. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments for brain stem glioma
- Alternative treatments for ureaplasma infection
- Alternative treatments for brain calcification
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some alternative treatments for a glioblastoma brain tumor?
- Alternative treatments for brain atrophy
- Alternative treatments for mrsa infection
- What alternative treatments are there for a grade 4 glioblastoma brain tumor?
- Talk to a neurologist online