Doctor insights on:
Alternative Treatments For Meningitis Brain Infection
What would be your best prescription for tuberculosis meningitis. Friend is already on treatment, need second opinion only. She's on TB meds only.
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Have a double ear infection. Dr prescribed ceftin (cefuroxime) for treatment start today. Will i get meningitis from this ear infection if i hadn't have treated it?
Will ESR (Sed rate) and CBC show abnormalities with meningitis or other infection causing brain or heart inflammation?
Not reliable: If you're having symptoms of meningitis or heart disease (palpitations, chest pain, shortness of breath), the sed rate is utterly worthless as a way of ruling out disease and even a normal CBC proves nothing. I'm a lab physician and want to reassure you -- the key question is not "What's my ESR?" but "How do I FEEL?" ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments for brain aneurysm
- Alternative treatments for brain metastasis
- Alternative treatments for brain atrophy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Alternative treatments for cytomegalovirus infection
- Alternative treatments for mrsa infection
- Alternative treatments for staph infection
- Alternative treatments for ureaplasma infection
- Talk to a neurologist online