Doctor insights on:
Alternative Treatments For High Red Blood Cell Count
Ask your doctor: Having too many blood cells is called polycythemia - look it up. ...Read more
What is something that can cause high red blood cell count along with smaller then normal red blood cells?
Thalassemia: The most connon would be thalassemia minor or trait, an inherited disorder characterized by an increased number of rbcs that are smaller than normal in size, usually with mild anemia. These are disiases where to body has trouble making enough hemoglobin and are congenital. There are some other, more rare conditions as well that can do it. ...Read more
What does it mean to have high red blood cell count and high white blood cell count at the same time?
My blood test show slightly high red blood cell count (5.78) they are smaller and carry slight less oxygen. What could this be? Told me not to worry
Beta thalassemia tra: It may due to a benign disorder of hemoglobin synthesis, common underlying defect being a carrier state for beta thalassemia, or beta thalassemia trait. The advice to not worry is correct. You are not likely to cause any problems for children either, unless your partner also carries the same defect. ...Read more
Liver & polycythemia: Liver dysfunction and erythrocytosis can be seen with serious conditions like hemochromatosis (where the body absorbs and retains too much iron), polycythemia vera (where the bone marrow makes too many cells - red, white, & platelets), and liver tumors (both benign & malignant). A henatologist should always be consulted in cases like this so that an accurate and timely diagnosis can be made. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments for low white blood cell count
- Remedies for high red blood cell count
- Treatment for high red blood cell count
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a high red and white blood cell count mean?
- High count of red blood cells in urine
- High white and red blood cell count
- High white blood cell count low red blood cell count
- Talk to a hematologist online for free