Doctor insights on:
Alternative Treatments For High Blood Calcium Level
Hi there. I got a call from my g.P to have bloods retaken. My calcium level is extremely high. What does this indicate?
Depends on calcium: If the calcium is elevated or high normal and PTH is significantly elevated, primary hyperparathyroidism is most likely cause and would most likely be treated with surgery. If the calcium is low the most likely cause is vitamin d deficiency. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
High Calcium level: You need to see a doctor, endocrinologist (e), to find out what is causing your calcium (c) to be high. Unfortunately, the causes of high c are not good. You may have vit. D intoxication, hyperparathyroidism or hyperthryodism, sarcoidosis, or a bone tumor, among other causes. Good to a e and get the answer to your question. A high blood level of c is no joking matter. Good luck. ...Read more
Have been told my calcium level is 2.9. Is that high? Doc recommends monthly blood tests to monitor - necessary?
46 yo female.My calcium level in blood test is 10.2. Is that high? Had thyroid scan for nodules. Would that also show parathyroid if there's an issue?
High Clcium: Check with your local lab normals. And ask team who ordered rd it they know H better. Scan no likely to show parathyroids. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments for high white blood cell count
- Alternative treatments for high red blood cell count
- Remedies for high blood calcium level
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the treatments for high blood calcium?
- How do you reduce high calcium level in blood?
- High calcium levels in blood
- Treatment for high carbon dioxide levels in blood
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free