Doctor insights on:
Alternative Treatments For Allergic Vasculitis
Blood testing: Testing for systemic signs of inflammation with c-reactive protein levels or erythrocyte sedimentation rate is often performed. Testing for auto-immune antibodies such as anti-nuclear antibodies (ana screening) or rheumatoid factor may be needed. In addition, evidence of complement protein cascade activation (ch-50) may be useful to detect active inflamation periods. Biopsy is the best test. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
YES, IT MAY: First, what exact vasculitis you mean. If it is churg-strauss, it can cause damage in lungs, some nerves, even leading to paralysis, heart problems. Kidneys - rarely. Even allergic vasculitis affecting mainly the skin may cause complications inside the body. Even allergic vasculitis that is usually limited to the skin (see website below), can be associated with damage to internal organs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Skin biopsy result: superficial to mid dermal perivascular lymphocytic infilitrate with focal basal vacuolar changes.does thismean allergic vasculitis?
Treatment options: For a comprehensive list of treatment options, see up to date.Com. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments for vasculitis
- Alternative treatments for allergic purpura
- Allergic vasculitis symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of allergic vasculitis
- Allergic hypersensitivity vasculitis
- Allergic vasculitis infants breast milk allergy
- What is the main diagnostic test for allergic vasculitis?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free