Doctor insights on:
Alternative Choices To Hydrocodone In Cough Syrup Because Of Itching
The cough reflex is a protective mechanism that uses muscles in your throat and chest to expel mucous and saliva that may contain pathogens that would otherwise possibly be inhaled via aerosol or to expel pathogens infecting the throat and respiratory system. Cough benefits the host by reducing load and benefits the pathogen which may then spread via aerosol. ...Read more
I do not think so: Common side effects include dizziness, itching, lightheadedness, nausea, sweating, drowsiness, constipation, vomiting, and euphoria. Vomiting, some less common side effects are allergic reaction, blood disorders, changes in mood, racing heartbeat, mental fogginess, anxiety, lethargy, difficulty urinating, spasm of the ureter, irregular or depressed respiration, respiration, and rash. ...Read more
Yes: I would assume that it expires after the expiration date just to be safe. Keeping it cold may prolong the activity but I would err on the side of safety. Once it expires it doesn't help much anyway. Get some new medication. ...Read more
Yes: Both contain the same drug.Get a more detailed answer ›
Probably: If you ingest this drug, it will likely show up on your drug test. ...Read more
Can hydrocodone cough syrup be frozen? I seldom need it & don't want it to loose strength from just sitting in the cabinet.
Yes....: This is a prescription medicine and will have a pharmacy label on it. On the pharmacy label, it will have the expiration date. It is usually around 1 year from the date it was prescribed. If your medicine has expired, and you have continued symptoms, see your doctor for a new prescription. ...Read more
I just got a cough syrup that says "hydrocodone/homatropine 5-1.5/5", what does the 3rd number mean?
5cc: The mg amount in a 5cc dose. ...Read more
I received a bottle of hydrocodone/met 5 1.5 150ml of cough syrup. How much hydrocodone is in one table spoon?
Sleepy: Everybody responds a little differently to the narcotic component in the cough syrup. It is a very low dose that effectively suppresses cough but doesn't make most people tired. I would take it at night to be careful and avoid driving vehicles after taking the medication as that would be dangerous. ...Read more
Nausea, drowsiness: Hycodan (hydrocodone) contains a narcotic that when ingested could give a "high", but it could also make people feel sick, nauseated, faint, groggy, have shallow breathing, get constipated. Used over a long period of time, people get dependent, meaning they get withdrawal symptoms when stopping. It's a medicine to be used with caution. ...Read more
Thanks for asking!: Usually not for an adult patient but might cause problems for a pediatric patient. ...Read more
Hydrocodone or dihydrocodeinone is a semi-synthetic opioid derived from two naturally occurring opiates: Codeine or thebaine. It is an orally active narcotic analgesic and antitussive. It is available in tablet, capsule, and syrup form. It is used to treat moderate to severe pain or as an antitussive to treat cough. Hydrocodone affects pain by ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Hydrocodone cough syrup no prescription
- Taking hydrocodone because of wisdom teeth
- Hydrocodone syrup make you sleep
- Herbal alternatives hydrocodone
- Hydrocodone promethazine syrup
- Cough syrup and asthma
- Side effects of hydrocodone cough syrup
- Coughing when i swallow because of a long uvula
- I took hydrocodone at 9pm
- Is one year exiraion to long or hydrocodone?
- Is it safe to use cough syrup with codiene expired 3 months?
- How long does hydrocodone take to wear off?
- Can you take ambien and hydrocodon acetamin together?
- Frequent urination while taking hydrocodone
- How long should you take hydrocodone?
- How much benedril can i take with a vicodin?
- Hydrocodone with promethazine cough syrup
- Is there a cough syrup that can be safely used with mucinex?
- Cany take methocaramol with ambien
- Hydrocodone cough syrup medication