Doctor insights on:
Altered Bowel Habit
Bowel change over 1 month -soft finger size to thin ribbon. Pain before and during bm above knee. Do have hemorroids -blood at times.
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
Due to numerous bowel obstuctions, I was advised to alter my eating habits. Will lack of fiberous foods raise my bad cholesterol?
Probably nothing: The public hoola about dietary fiber being the key to managing cholesterol sells breakfast cereal. Studies are widely divergent, and dietary fiber is anything but the key to health. A high-roughage diet might cost you your life. Watch you coronary risk factors otherwise, and don't focus on lab tests -- I'd urge you to focus on fitness and stop fretting about labwork. ...Read more
What could a sudden change in bowel habits entail? I haven't been regular for a month, despite changing my diet.
Broad differential: Could be one of many things, but it should be further evaluated by your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are changes in bowel habits normal after gallbladder surgery?
- Change in bowel habits and lower butt pain could that be old endometriosis
- Nursing care plan for altered bowel elimination
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Home remedies for change in bowel habits
- Anxiety or something else bowel habits lightheadedness weight loss
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- Abdominal pain and change in bowel habits
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online