Doctor insights on:
Als And Fibromyalgia Are They Related
Nite and day: No similarities, as ALS causes muscle twitching, atrophy, and weakness, with eventual breathing and swallowing issues, and death. Fibromyalgia causes diffuse body pain, tenderness, trigger points, sleep disruption, fatigue, stiffness, and cognitive fogging, but does NOT kill anyone. ...Read more
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is a disorder of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord that play a role in controlling voluntary muscle movement. While few cases may be due to a genetic defect, the cause is usually unknown. Symptoms include difficulty breathing, muscle ...Read more
I have fear of having disease like als. I have fatigue in arms and twitching in calves but I have neck pain and don't sleep enough. Should I worry?
Systemic disorder: 38 yo male w. insomnia, "neck pain, fatigue, arm pain & calves twitching" fears ALS. A general medical evaluation is indicated & by a Neurologist. If no specific diagnosis is found, then Fibromyalgia might be explanatory. A Rheumatologist can evaluate for Fibromyalgia and prescribe FDA approved medications for this disorder, which is a diagnosis of exclusion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
10-20 years old.: Average age at onset of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (als), or lou gehrig's disease, is 10-20 years old; it's younger in patients with familial ALS than in patients with sporadic disease. About 5-10% of patients with ALS have the familial form. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It can be: Because the disease causes progressive disability, adaptive equipment is used to enable the patient to be as mobile as possible. There are also communication devices which may be needed as weakness of the tongue and jaw make speech difficult. Adaptive equipment can be very expensive. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Swollen veins in scrotum and hurts when i urinate are they related
- Are pulmonary fibrosis and fibromyalgia at all related?
- What are sphincters and how are they related to the stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I brush my teeth two or three times a day and they are still yellow what to do
- How do you get high blood pressure after gallbladder removal are they related?
- Are cellulitis and strep throat related can one cause the other?
- Are my nipples too big for my breasts they seem big and brown?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free