Doctor insights on:
Allopurinol And Colchicine Taken Together
Allopurinol Chronic: For acute gout Colchicine and diclofenac are reasonable. Do not exceed the recommended dose of Colchicine and stop immediately if diarrhea occurs. Allopurinol is to prevent chronic gout. Many patients starting Allopurinol will have an acute gout attack because attacks occur when uric acid levels go up or down. To prevent this some patients take Colchicine daily for up to 6 months. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I have been taking allopurinol for 1 week. I now have a gout attack. Can i take colchicine as well?
Wrong order!: Taking Allopurinol during an attack will worsen and prolong it. My regimen is this: establish diagnosis. You can start an nsaid, inject the affected joint(s) with steroids, start colchicine, bid is adequate with the other meds. After three days start Allopurinol 100mg x 1wk, 200mg x 1wk, and then the full dose. The cochicine can be cut back to once daily. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I've had a gout attack yesterday after 5 years & took Allopurinol 2 X 100mg yesterday & 1 X 100 mg today. No relief. can I take Colchicine also?
I have been put on a long term treatment for elevated uric acid with 1 tablet Colchicine and 100mg Allopurinol daily. Is the Colchicine necessary?
Usually not: Colchicine is usually reserved for an acute gout attack, not for preventative measures. Allopurinol should be stopped during an acute gout attack, and restarted once the pain has ressolved. Go see your doctor if you have questions about the meds he/she prescribed you. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I'm taking allopurinol and colchicine everyday.no sign for gout attack until today.can i take red meat (beef) as much and as often as i like?
Can i lower my elevated uric acid with gout diet? My doctor only prescribe colchicine 3x a week with no allopurinol or febuxostat.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take colchicine and allopurinol together?
- Taking colchicine and allopurinol together
- Colchicine and allopurinol together
- Can an antiviral and antibiotic together be taken together?
- Tramadol and diclofenac taken together
- Can zyrtec and claritin be taken together?
- Can you claritin and benadryl be taken together?
- Is there any interaction between lipitor and plavix when taken together?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free