Doctor insights on:
Allergy To Aleve
My face has been hurting a lot for a while. i heard it could be an allergy to aleve, should i quit? didnt take any today, im taking benadryl for aller
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
Toxicity: It will have toxic side effects.Get a more detailed answer ›
I'm taking Aleve for mild knee injury. while getting allergy shots will it minimize reactions? Can it mask reactions? Should I let my allergist know?
I have chills and slight nausea. What medicine should I take- Aleve for the bad fever or Benadryl for the allergy?
Perhaps both: You could take both but you didn't mention any specific allergy symptoms. Nausea could easily be a symptom of infection. And chills are not a symptom of allergy. In that case Benadryl will only make you sleepy. It's not a very good medication for nausea. Take your Ibuprofen and go to bed. ...Read more
Possible naproxen allergy? Increased bp, heart rate, intense red itch tops of feet, arms, torso. Went to dr, ekg&bp normal by arrival. Didn't link Aleve use until today, used in frequently in past.
Quite possibly: The reaction you describe certainly sounds like an allergic reaction to something you ingested , possibly the aleve. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaids) are fairly allergenic, and you develop an allergy to something at any point. So if the timeline to your symptoms fits with aleve ingestion, i would be highly suspicious. Try Benadryl (diphenhydramine) for acute relief of current symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a rash due to a penicillin allergy to clear?
- Is it safe to take aleve and tylenol together?
- How long does it take for aleve to start working?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should you wait to drink alcohol after taking allergy pills?
- Is it dangerous to eat moldy bread if you have a penicillin allergy?
- How long should you wait to take allergy pills after drinking alcohol?
- Can allergies cause your lymph nodes to swell?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free