Doctor insights on:
Allergy Medication Safe For Glaucoma
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
Laser: Have you had laser peripheral iridotomy and/or goniotomy to prevent closure? The medications that can exacerbate angle closure are anything that dilates the eye, Antihistamines and decongestants; Asthma medicines; Motion sickness medicines, and some medicines used to treat depression (tricyclic antidepressants) ...Read moreConsult a doctor now ›
See a physician: Different allergy medications have different risks, and they vary depending on when in your pregnancy you are taking them (1st trimester, 2nd trimester...). The reason why you are taking them also matters (life threatening allergic reaction, asthma, runny nose...). Don't decide yourself, ask your doctor what they recommend for your situation. Using nasal saline is always safe. ...Read moreConsult a doctor now ›
Several: Claritin, Allegra and zyrtec are safe and tend to cause less drowsiness than other antihistamines. Excessive drowsiness with diazepam can occur with chlorpheniramine or brompheniramine which are in many over the counter allergy medications. There is a theoretic concern of thickening sputum and causing more airflow obstruction. ...Read moreConsult a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cold medications safe for glaucoma
- Is it safe to take medication for allergies while pregnant?
- What household medication causes deep sleep that is safe for children?
- Safe over-the-counter allergy medicine for toddlers
- White willow bark vs aspirin for safe pain medication
- Are there any medications for glaucoma that you should take before flying?
- Allergy medications for an allergy to alternaria tenuis fungus
- Is it safe to take medication for migraine while pregnant?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free