Doctor insights on:
Allergy Medication Safe For Glaucoma
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
Laser: Have you had laser peripheral iridotomy and/or goniotomy to prevent closure? The medications that can exacerbate angle closure are anything that dilates the eye, Antihistamines and decongestants; Asthma medicines; Motion sickness medicines, and some medicines used to treat depression (tricyclic antidepressants) ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several: Claritin, Allegra and zyrtec are safe and tend to cause less drowsiness than other antihistamines. Excessive drowsiness with diazepam can occur with chlorpheniramine or brompheniramine which are in many over the counter allergy medications. There is a theoretic concern of thickening sputum and causing more airflow obstruction. ...Read more
Med interaction: There are many medications that are used to treated allergies. I supposed your question mentioning about over the counter allergy medications. They are usually safe to take together with diazepam and when you have a diagnosis of copd. First generation otc allergy med like Benadryl is also drowsy so precaution should be taken when you also take diazepam. ...Read more
Most new ones: Antihistamines such as Claritin (loratadine), Allegra (fexofenadiine) and even zyrtec (cetirizine) are safe to take with other medications in persons with copd. It's best to avoid antihistamines that cause drowsiness (like benadryl) as this side effect may be worsened with diazepam. The most effective treatment for nasal allergies is nasal steroid sprays with no interaction with diazepam. ...Read more
What allergy medication is safe to take if have a history of kidney stones? Allegra, Zyrtec, Benadryl, Claritin?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cold medications safe for glaucoma
- Is it safe to take medication for allergies while pregnant?
- What household medication causes deep sleep that is safe for children?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- White willow bark vs aspirin for safe pain medication
- Are there any medications for glaucoma that you should take before flying?
- Allergy medications for an allergy to alternaria tenuis fungus
- Is it safe to take medication for migraine while pregnant?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free