Doctor insights on:
Allergic To Petroleum Jelly
Better options.: Using petroleum jelly for genital lubrication is reported to make some women more susceptible to vaginal infections & sexually transmitted diseases: http://tribune.Com.Ng/news2013/index.Php/en/component/k2/item/8338-using-petroleum-jelly-as-genital-lubricant-exposes-to-hiv-infection. ...Read more
Doesn't treat: Pertroleum jelly, as the name suggest is a petroleum product that can degrade condoms or a diaphragm. It doesn't treat the cause of itching, which might be a yeast infection that should be treated with an antifungal medication or other skin condition. It's not necessarily harmful, but may not be helpful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possible yes, but: Water soluble jelly is preferable and gender to your body. ...Read more
Does the human body absorb petroleum jelly through the skin? Is it unsafe to use petroleum based products, are there health risks?
No: Petro jelly is not toxic or significantly absorbed it does hydrate the skin from the outside. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Allergic reaction to petroleum jelly
- Allergy to petroleum jelly
- Ways to use petroleum jelly
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is petroleum jelly safe on boils due to burns?
- Can you be allergic to ky jelly?
- Benefit of petroleum jelly to skin
- Can you be allergic to weed?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free