Doctor insights on:
Allergic Rhinittis Caused By Vicodin
Allergy: It's hard to tell. Try avoiding 'codeines'. However, you should discuss this with pain specialist. ...Read more
It can but not: because of the opiate in it - hydrocodone - but rather the acetaminophen (tylenol) that is also included in the pill. Some forms of combination pain pills had as much as 750 mg of tylenol in them, but recent FDA regulations require that no more than 325 mg of tylenol be in any single tablet of combination medications. More than 10 grams (20 extra strength pills) can be lethal, less with alcohol. ...Read more
No one knows: There is no threshold amount. We are told that anyone using more than 4 grams of acetometophen daily risk problems yet i see patients on this and more without issues. Most of my patients on more than 60 pills a day have had some issues. ...Read more
Hi.I have gerds &mild gastritis . Can vicodin be the cause of this. I take vicodin for back.Thanks ?
As above : Yes possible, see u physician for physical exam and work up. ...Read more
Allergy: If you have had no true allergic reactions to vicodin, it is not likely that you will be allergic to percocet. The opioid in vicodin is hydrocodone and the opioid in Percocet is oxycodone. These drugs are very closely related so a true allergy to one likely means an allergy to the other. It is important to differentiate true allergy from G.I. Upset. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unlikely!: Norco and vicodin are different trade names for a combination of hydrocodone (a narcotic pain reliever) and Acetaminophen (tylenol). It is very unlikely that you would be allergic to one and not the other, as both Norco and vicodin contain the same active ingredients. However, if this is a question, consult an allergist who can test you for sensitivities to different triggers. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if a rash is caused by an allergic reaction or something else?
- Large blister caused by allergic reaction to a bandage
- Do allergic rashes caused by betadine require a particular treatment?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Allergic rhinitis caused by a food allergy
- What causes pain in my upper back on the left side by my ribs?
- How to prevent brown discharge caused by birth control?
- What causes pain like pricking by pins and needles in the middle left finger?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free