Doctor insights on:
Dr said i ve non allergic rhinitis, i ve no runny nose/sneezing only nasal congestion & chronic inflammation of nasal lining, was it a correct dignosis?
This is a symptomatic disorder of the nose characterized by inflamed nasal mucosa. Groupings of rhinitis exist triggered by infection, allergy, non-allergic triggers/exposure, meds, immune disorder, and/or structural problems in the nose. Symptoms can include itching, sneezing, congestion, watery/mucoid drainage, post-nasal drainage with sore throat, ear ...Read more
Inflammation...: ...Is the cause of allergic rhinitis and many other medical problems. One of the effects of this is to cause fatigue. Rhinitis can also cause breathing and thus sleep problems which can cause fatigue in that way. So treating the rhinitis can help in several different ways. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
chronic allergic rhinitis for last 8 years.
Please give me some suggestion to cure this recurrent rhinorrhoea?
Hi doctor I am diagnosed with allergic rhinitis. May i know why my nose will become stuffy when it's about to rain or when the climate changes? Thanks
Skin or blood: Skin testing involves placing drops of extracts of pollen, animal dander, mold, dust mite & food on your arms or back. If allergic a small hive appears within 20 minutes. An alternative is rast, a blood test that detects the same allergy antibodies found with skin testing. Sometimes one test is needed to confirm the results of the other. Provocation tests are used in cases of "local" allergy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hay fever has nothing to do with hay and there is no fever. It is allergic rhinitis. About 20% of people develop rhinitis. Rhinitis is inflammation of the nose due to overactivity of t cells in the nose. Mild irritants will increase symptoms, i.e., irritant rhinitis. In 80% of rhinitis cases there is allergic antibody production so there is also an ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does cough associated with allergic rhinitis last?
- How long does sore throat associated with allergic rhinitis last?
- Does exposure to cigarette smoke cause allergic rhinitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Allergic rhinitis wheezing
- How long does runny nose associated with allergic rhinitis last?
- How long does allergic reaction associated with allergic rhinitis last?
- Does allergy to aspirin or nsaids cause allergic rhinitis?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free