Doctor insights on:
Allergic Reaction To Red Wine Symptoms
I drink a lot of red wine - could it be an allergic reaction or some horrible thing that's undiagnosed?
Symptoms: Please explain what symptoms you are having with red wine as it is not clear from your question. ...Read more
Allergies occur when your immune system is triggered by envirionmental factors it should ignore--for example, pollen in the air, or dander on a cat or dog--and creates cells to fight against them. An allergic reaction typically causes itching, congestion, or drainage, and ...Read more
Could red wine like syrah or shiraz and/or blueberries suddenly cause brow & lip swelling then lip rash afterwards, ie allergic reaction?
Have to cease alchohol . Have consumed 10 to 12 ozs red wine daily for 10 years. Should i expect withdrawal symptoms?
I am allergic to sulfa drugs. How likely is it that i'm also allergic to the sulfites in red wine?
Sulfa not= sulfite: Sulfonamide drug allergies are not generally predictive of reactions to sulfites. Although they sound similar, the body sees these chemicals quite differently. Sulfa antibiotics easily stimulate the immune system to make specific responses, hence allergies, but most reactions to sulfites are due to it being broken down into sulfur dioxide gas inside the body. ...Read more
Not Sure.: Studies are mixed on the issue of red wine. Some say there are heart benefits. Others say it increases the risk of cancer. It's probably best to drink red wine occasionally and in moderation rather than add it to your daily diet because of possible health benefits. Remember, the risks might actually outweigh any potential benefit. ...Read more
Red wine & mixed nut: Please re-ask and be more specific about what you would like to know. For an in-depth discussion consider discussing with your medical provider or asking a provider on Healthtap Prime or Concierge. ...Read more
It very well may be: BUT there are serious cautions. If you really kept it to 4-5 ounces and didn't go on to gradually drink more and more, it would probably be fine....even good! But we (doctors) see SO MANY people not be able to keep to this modest amount. There is some evidence that red wine is superior to other forms of alcohol but this evidence is weak. A MODEST daily amount is not harmful; it may well be helpful ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Allergic reaction to red wine
- Allergic reaction to wine
- Allergic reaction to sulfites in wine
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Allergic reaction to red ink
- Red cheeks allergic reaction
- Allergic reaction to red meat
- Red ears allergic reaction
- Talk to a dermatologist online