Doctor insights on:
Allergic Reaction Swollen Lip
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
I've just been given Prednisolone Tablets for a very big top swollen lip by my doctor yesterday (shellfish reaction) but the lip is still very swolle?
From what?: If it's swollen from trauma, use ice pack first 24 hours on and off every 15 minutes. Then it's just a waiting game until it goes away. If of unknown origin, you need to see a dentist as soon as possible as it is likely an infection that would require immediate treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
10 days: Assuming the fat lip is from trauma, 10 day is above average for the swelling to go down. It may take a bit longer for bruising to resolve. ...Read more
Icing regimen: Icing will help for the first 48 hours after injury. Try to ice at least 10 minutes each hour. If you can, 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off is an ideal schedule while you are awake. Try using bags of frozen peas or corn (left in the original packaging). They conform well the body and can be reused. Just don't try to eat them after they have been thawed and frozen a few times! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you treat swollen lips due to an allergic reaction?
- Swollen lips and hives allergic reaction
- How to treat swollen lips from an allergic reaction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Allergic reaction with a swollen upper lip
- Swollen lips as an allergic reaction to peanut butter
- Worst that can happen from a allergic reaction swollen lip
- Allergic reaction swollen lips and face
- Talk to a dermatologist online