Doctor insights on:
Can magnesium levels be normal and still be deficient ? I have muscle spasms and twitches but normal emg/ncv normal CPK aldolase as well..
Yes and no: By definition if the levels are normal they should not be deficient. But, it is possible. Also, one should check not only magnesium serum levels but magnesium rbc levels. Still, there are many instances when normal levels are still causing cramping and supplementation helps...... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Muscle disease...If CPK normal 5 times
aldolase normal...Emg and ncv normal ..Esr normal....Can you still have a muscle disease ?
Can you have a muscle disease...If CPK normal 5 times aldolase normal...Emg and ncv normal ..Esr normal....Can you still have a muscle disease ?
Why do you ask?: What do you think you have? Myasthenia gravis? Mitochondria myopathy? Mcardle's? Periodic paralysis? Myotonia congenita? Lumping everything together as "muscle disease" and expecting any sort of unifying set of labs / tests is naive. Start with your symptoms / signs and let a competent scientific physician rule the entities in or out until an explanation is found. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Fluctuation in estrogen levels (metallic taste)
- What is normal hb level?
- Can adalat raise psa level?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you reduce sgpt level and improve fatty liver?
- What does a low iron saturation level mean?
- What does a high sgpt level mean?
- What happens when the inr level is too high?
- Can c4 level indicate cancer?