Doctor insights on:
Can 25 mg spironolactone be taken with 5 mg amlodipine same time or do you space them a part. Any interactions?
If spironolactone (for acne) is androgen blocker - how does this not have any interaction with androgenic progestin such as levonorgestrel/Mirena?
It could: The circulating levels of Progesterone secreted by Mirena are very low making androgen side effects possible but uncommon. Spironolactone would decrease the androgenic effects if they were to be present although a doctor would not typically treat Mirena side effects this way. If I were the physician treating someone with androgenic side effects of Mirena I would just change birth control methods ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long should I wait until the effect of reducing aldactone from 100mg to 75mg a day has stabilized? I plan to further reduce the dose to 50mg/day.
Tx for hair growth: Spironolactone is actually used at part of the therapy of excess hair growth in women due to testosterone elevations, such as pcos. Nothing will eliminate the hair, only stop the progression of unwanted hair in new skin areas. Check w/your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: No, no effectGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the interaction of alcohol and fluconazole?
- Loratadine diphenhydramine interaction
- Interaction between zyrtec and cough medicine
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Zoloft benadryl interaction
- Seroquel ambien interaction
- Methylprednisolone alcohol interaction
- Lisinopril interaction with naproxen
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free