Doctor insights on:
Alcoholic Cardiomyopathy Can Cause Heart Attack
My husband has alcoholic cardiomyopathy, fatty liver and high blood pressure. His heart beats rapidly without his medication. What is his prognosis?
What is the prognosis for advanced liver cirrhosis and congestive heart failure due to alcoholic cardiomyopathy, ef 10, asceties, kidney impairment?
See below: Alcohol cardiomyopathy is a type of cardiomyopathy. Other causes can include viral, from heart disease, from hypertension or congenital cardiomyopathy. Alcohol can have a direct toxic effect on the heart muscle itself causing it to enlarge become weak and cause congestion. These other causes may have similar symptoms as well. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: On the spefics and how severe. Discuss with your cardiologist. ...Read more
Possibly: When you have a heart attack and your heart muscle is damaged, your heart becomes less effective at meeting your body's demands for blood. This can become heart failure, resulting in cardiomyopathy. Also, if the heart disease that caused the heart attack is not treated you can have other heart attacks without symptoms. All people who have had a heart attack should be followed by a cardiologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No.: Cardiomyopathy is a weakened heart from any of a number of causes; sometimes the cause is not identified. "Heart attack" usually refers to a blocked artery in the heart; that is one cause of cardiomyopathy but is not a result of cardiomyopathy. Many patients with this disease, especially at your age, recover completely, but intensive therapy is required and should be provided by a cardiologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can a heart attack cause tingling in fingers?
- Can a heart attack cause jaw pain alone?
- Can 50 percent blockage of artery cause heart attack?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a pneumonia cause a heart attack?
- Can constipation cause heart attacks?
- Can anxiety cause a silent heart attack?
- Can a panic attack cause a heart attack?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free