Doctor insights on:
Alcohol Before Cholesterol Test
Yes because Estimate: Cholesterol: a fat molecule made by every animal cell. Promoted as a way to guess at LDL particle concentrations. Not eating critical to ? ingested fats being carried in all the lipoprotein particles. But LDL particles carry 3to6, 000 fat molecules/particle ; cholesterol contents vary widely. Ldl-c is not ldl, is only estimated (t. Chol. - hdl-c - 1/5 triglycerides) ; low correlation with LDL conc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes yes yes, you want to have no food. You can have water if you want. That wont affect the results. Good luck. ...Read more
Lipids: For years we've fasted overnight as you note. Recent evidence suggests it isn't necessary. Practice is only changing slowly being cautious. ...Read more
Cholesterol test: Old answer no, newer answer is maybe. Either ask the lab that is going to do the test or pass on anything other than water before. ...Read more
Might eating something high in sugar (such as a donut) before taking a cholesterol test affect the outcome?
yes: Fast for the 12 hours before the test. ...Read more
Cholesterol test: You can drink water before the test. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Drinking alcohol before cholesterol test
- Can you drink alcohol before a blood test?
- Drinking alcohol before blood test
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Drinking alcohol before liver function test
- Alcohol before fasting blood test
- Can you drink alcohol the night before a blood test?
- Can i drink alcohol before a blood test?
- Talk to a cardiologist online