Top
10
Doctor insights on: Alcohol And Lip Twitch

Share
1

1
I got battery acid o n my lip what should I do I flushed it with water and running alcohol and I put neosboin on it what should I do?

I got battery acid o n my lip what should I do I flushed it with water and running alcohol and I put neosboin on it what should I do?

Burn treatment: It sounds like you have done exactly the right thing flushing the lip. Battery acid causes a burn if it is in contact with the skin for any more than a very short period. Once the acid is washed off and if you have no burn then you should not need to worry further. If you have a burn then you should manage this as for any burn. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
3

3
I rarely drink alcohol, but when I do my lips get tingly, why is that?

I rarely drink alcohol, but when I do my lips get tingly, why is that?

Enzyme deficiency: You may lack an enzyme necessary to metabolize the by products of alcohol. It occurs in about 5-10% of the population and is more common in Asians. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read more

4

4
My lips and the top of the tongue is numb from alcohol, should I be concerned?

My lips and the top of the tongue is numb from alcohol, should I be concerned?

Numb tongue and lips: Numbness of any kind is not normal. You should check with your doctor, but i would assume this is a warning sign that you shouldn't drink alcohol. Or at least, you should not drink that particular type of alcohol. ...Read more

5

5
Are your lips supposed to get numb when drinking alcohol?

Are your lips supposed to get numb when drinking alcohol?

Depends: If you are talking about long term use of high alcohol consumption for years then legs and arms should become numb first. If you are talking about occasional drink beyond your tolrability then then lip numbness can be part of the same feeling in the whole body but not isolated lips only. ...Read more

6

6
My lips and face swell up when I drink alcohol.Am I allergic to alcohol?

My lips and face swell up when I drink alcohol.Am I allergic to alcohol?

Allergic to alcohol: You might be allergic to alcohol. Some people have this condition while others may be allergic to a component in an alcoholic beverage (e.g. The mixer). I would avoid alcohol if it gave me those problems. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
7

7
I had a dime size bump on the outside of my lower lip when I ate few spoons of ice cream, I felt a burning senstation i put rubbing alcohol and vanish?

I had a dime size bump on the outside of my lower lip when I ate few spoons of ice cream, I felt a burning senstation i put rubbing alcohol and vanish?

Depends: I would need a little more information and to see it to know for sure. If it went away quickly, it may have been a pimple. It could have been a cold sore. If it happens again and does not go away, have it looked at. ...Read more

8

8
Lips feel very dry not the way they do when they are chapped, but they don't look dry at all? I have seasonal allergies and did drink alcohol recently

Lips feel very dry not the way they do when they are chapped, but they don't look dry at all? I have seasonal allergies and did drink alcohol recently

Dry lips causes: AntiAllergy medications can dry your mucus membranes, and alcohol as well as mouth washes containing some alcohol also can. If your nasal passages are clogged due to allergies and you mouth breathe, mouth and possible lip dryness can occur. Lips are also dry if the ambient air has no humidity. Uncontrolled diabetes also causes dryness. ...Read more

10

10
I applied hand sanitizer.was not dry n accidentally my 2 yr olds lip corner touched on it n he licked it.is it dangerous(alcohol denat)?Very small amt

I applied hand sanitizer.was not dry n accidentally my 2 yr olds lip corner touched on it n he licked it.is it dangerous(alcohol denat)?Very small amt

Varies with amount: The material I use in the office is 65% ethyl alcohol combined with a number of agents that are toxic to germs and act as stabilizers for the product. Tiny amounts as you describe would not be enough to cause a problem if it is this type of sanitizer.The most toxic products out there involve methyl alcohol and those are rarely found in such commercial products.. ...Read more